Saturday, January 23, 2010

Snowy Saturday Morning


View from Foti's room
All week we anticipated snow on Saturday. The children were excited and kept reminding us that it might possibly snow today. It's exciting because snow isn't typical for the area that we live in. In fact, the last snow that we experienced was two winters ago, our first winter in Greece. So, this morning I wasn't able to sleep in  like I'd hoped but instead, I had to get up and dress everyone to enjoy the snow. I didn't mind. The kids were ecstatic. So we got dressed and went outside to play in the snow. Well, the kids played. I took photos. Enjoy...


Izabella and Alexandra happy in the snow. They were so happy to pose in the snow. But, we had some difficulty taking photos because...


Tarzan kept jumping in and around the shots.


 Some of my lemons covered with snow.



My foot in the snow. Not the best choice of footwear given the little holes in the shoes. They're usually great for running outside or doing chores, but not in snow! My feet did get a little wet.



Foti posing in the snow. At first I was going to crop out the dogs but decided to keep them in so you could see how chaotic it was. They were having a blast running around and playing and again...


getting in the shots.


A branch from my daphne/ laurel tree covered in snow.


Gigi, looking out for Tarzan.


Tarzan took a moment from playing to lick snow off of a bench. I understand, I love eating snow too!


A calendula flower covered in snow.


After a while, I found Gigi waiting in front of the door. She had enough-time to go in where it was warm and cozy.


Inside, the kids were treated to hot chocolate and tsoureki to warm them up. Most of the snow has started to melt now, I'm glad that they were able to enjoy a snowy Saturday morning.




18 comments:

  1. aww! they look so cute in their coats! like little child sausages...

    we had the cold, here in Corfu, but not the snow. it's still fairly nippy outside but the sun is shining and we are trying to stay warm with a big crackly fire in the fireplace.

    happy snow day (grab what you can and make a snowball and put it in the freezer for this summer!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jes-- Thank you! It's cold!
    You know, Iza made snow balls but didn't keep one. I'll have to go see if there's enough left so we can make some! It's already melting away :(

    Stay warm!!!

    :):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. as i read this, i am looking up at our mountains, they are covered in snow, and the snow has come down to the last tier of hills, so some of the houses in the higher regions have definitely seen it. it rearely comes down as far as our suburb.

    i'd love to have some snow near our place too - but only for a day, thanks, cos i know how difficult it is to move around in it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, Coming from Wales and remembering frozen toes and fingers when I was small, I'm quite happy to let the white stuff stay where it looks pretty...on the mountain tops... Glad you and yours enjoyed the morning though,,never heard of putting it into the freezer til summer..brilliant!!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful shots..thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Maria- it is pretty to look at on the mountain tops & I'm glad that I don't have to deal with too much. It's gone already so this would be perfect for you. It was all gone before 2pm. Now it's just cold. Brrrrr!
    xo

    @Jude- Yes, we did enjoy the morning. I know exactly what you're talking about, frozen fingers & toes having grown up in Wisconsin. Izabella remembers playing in the snow there and misses it. So this dusting was a perfect fix.
    I've save so many snowballs in my lifetime...I can't believe I didn't think to do it today!
    :)
    xo


    @ Krisno- Thank you for the compliments. I hope that you're enjoying your weekend too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cheryl,
    I can't believe it snowed! How funny that I just asked you that question, it sounds like everyone had fun.
    Take care,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  8. Angela...I know! Ironic isn't it? We had it and now it's gone :)But we had fun and I'm glad that I documented the fun. There's a chance that it might snow again on Tuesday. We can only wait and see. Have a great night!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pictures Cheryl. I am sure the children (as well as you) had lots of fun. It's been cold here in Athens as well and the first thing I did when I woke up this morning was to look out of the window, hoping to see some snow. There was some on Hymettus mountain which is very close to my house and it could be snowing this evening as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ivy...Thank you :) We did have fun but I froze my little fingers taking the photos because I can't handle my camera while wearing gloves.
    And, that's the reason I posted a photo of Foti's window because it's the first thing that he did, look out his window and wake the rest of us up.
    The snow melted already but it says that we may have some more on Tues. -we'll see. I hope that some of the snow from the mountain finds its way over to you, even if only a little. Have a wonderful Sunday Ivy. :):)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful pictures, beautiful children.x.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gingeyginge...thank you. I hope that you enjoy your Sunday~~
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Who are these cute and lovable children who have many kisses from the Nicolaides family in Cyprus? Have a wonderful week ahead my dear Cheryl. Your post is really sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Phivos... Thank you! Those cute & lovable children are 3 fans of the Nicolaides family! Your biggest fans, I think :)
    Wishing you & your family a fantastic week ahead as well! Sending big & little kisses to Cyprus :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What fun Cheryl! Do you ever get enough snow to make a snowman or snow angels?

    Tarzan sounds like quite a character...it's super for your son to have a big rambunctious dog since you and the girls have la petite Gigi to play with.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Biddy...No, we didn't have enough for snowmen or angels. It was pretty wet snow too, but they still had fun.

    Tarzan is a character all right. I should do a post on his antics. I truly believe that dog runs through life laughing..which is ok. :) (but the joke is always on me! ) lol :):):)

    ReplyDelete
  17. First time to visit and I the pictures make my need to travel start to bubble again! Truly jealous!!! Great pictures! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Spuds, Thank you! I'm glad that you enjoy my pics. I've been to your blog and I love it. I love the minivan mafia!
    Thanks for visiting, it's nice to meet you! :)
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete